2018 WYB Track and Field Schedule
WELCOME TO WORTHINGTON YOUTH BOOSTERS TRACK AND FIELD!
Worthington Youth Boosters provides an introduction to track and field to children in the Worthington School District who have just finished 3rd through 6th grades. We provide official starters for the meets, record times, and have the kids participate in different events to try to find their best one.
About the program.
1. The program is coed. All of the athletes will be together for the warm-up and cool down but divided into their specific league for practice and for the meets. During the summer all athletes will get to participate in all of the events. Achieving your personal best and cheering on other athletes is encouraged!
2. The program will be divided into 4 leagues – with of a mix of kids from all ages. Current 1st and 2nd graders are not eligible for the program.
3. 2018 Schedule
Online Registration: April 15 - May 15
Parent & Athlete Meeting: May 17 6-7:30pm
May 29 & 31
June 7, 14, 21, 28
July 5 (TBD if the make-up meet is needed on July 7th)
Family Fun Run: Wednesday, June 13th 6-9pm
June 9, 16, 23, 30
July 7 (Make up meet if any meets are cancelled)
5. Each participant will receive a WYB Track Jersey (singlet) and a pair of running shorts. On your registration form, you will be asked for a jersey and shorts size for your child. At the Parent and Athlete Meeting on May 17, 2018, we will be provide a sample of the singlet and shorts in a variety of sizes to ensure the correct size was ordered. If the singlet or shorts size needs to be changed, it can be changed during this meeting.
6. Awards will be given at the end of the last meet on June 30, 2018.
7. The on-line registration period for the Track program will be from April 15, 2018 to May 15, 2018. To register and pay on-line, click on "On Line Registration" and fill out the on-line form. The cost of the program for 2018 will be $70.
If you have any questions about the program please contact Chad Gonia at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the meets, the field events and track events occur simultaneously. When called for their track events, the athletes will leave their field events and resume participation when their track event is finished. The field events will all occur at the same time. Athletes should report to the infield when their field event is finished. While waiting for their next event athletes should be encouraged to stretch and cheer on those that are currently competing. Three attempts allowed for long jump, shot and discus.